I am working for myself using my artistic exploits to support myself. Digital Art commissions are available in between craft commissions. Resulting artwork are published at Deviant Art and client will receive high resolution version.
Digital Art Commission Status
I am currently closed for Digital Art commission.
Not available for work-for-hire, licensing, commercial or sequential art.
Terms and Conditions of Service
These terms and conditions are relevant to non-commercial projects and are subject to revision without notice. Commissioned images are copyright © No Nap Time /Angela Juarez.
Agreeing to a commission is a commitment between the Artist and Client and the terms of agreement must be clear between both parties. The client must read, understand and agree to all the terms before entering into an agreement with the artist (Angela Juarez). Please read these policies carefully.
By sending payment, the client agrees to the following terms and conditions:
– The artist has the right to refuse any commission request.
– The artist reserves the right to issue a refund and cancel a commission due to poor communication or rude/inappropriate behavior.
– The artist retains all rights to the commissioned artwork, including the rights to distribution.
– The artist retains the right to display all commissioned work on any personal website, gallery, or journal. If the commissioned work is time-sensitive, the artist can delay public display of the art at the request of the client.
– The client may not re-distribute, reproduce, or sell the artist’s work or profit from the digital artwork.
– The artist is not responsible for printing (digital media). Works will be uploaded to Deviant Art and will be available for clients to purchase at the cost of printing.
– The client may exhibit the artist’s work online/offline without the permission of the artist as long as credit is given. Informing the artist about the exhibit is not necessary but appreciated.
– The client is advised to specify the size of his/her commissioned image whether digital or traditional. Excessively large images will increase the set commission price.
– The client may resize/crop the commissioned artwork to create icons, wallpapers or other graphics to be used in non-commercial digital format, but the client cannot alter the artwork itself.
– Depiction of violence, sexually explicit material (x-rated), or hateful/racist imagery.
– Overly technical subjects such as machines, buildings, guns, vehicles, hand lettering, complex knot-work, etc.
– Portraits of real people or realistic portraits.
Required Client Information
Before I commit to a project, I require the following information of my client. I will not share client contact information. Please inquire through deviant art note.
– Email address: I must have the client’s email address before proceeding with a commission inquiry. Once I agree to take up a commission, communication will be done through email.
– Age: If the client is under 18, he/she must supply contact information for his/her parent or guardian. I have the right to contact the parent/guardian of an under-aged client to ensure that there is no conflict of interest and if the minor is able to pay for the commission.
– The client must make commission inquiries as specific as possible. Clear and concise visual references and/or description of a commission idea must be provided by the client.
All prices are in USD and payments are expected to be made as such. The client is responsible for sending the correct amount, equal to the listed USD amount.
– Displayed base prices are subject to change according to the complexity, difficulty, size, and medium of each individual piece.
– I require all payment up front before I begin work. No exceptions, IOUs, art trades, etc.
– Do not send payment until the artist agrees to take the commission.
– Commission payments are to be made using Paypal and addressed to email@example.com
– Payment plans can be arranged but must be explicitly stated and the terms agreed upon up front before I begin work. No work will be started until at least 50% of the final price has been received.
– Gratuities are appreciated, but not expected.
Once you have paid the initial half or full payment, it secures your place in my commission queue, which means you will get your commission. I am usually able to complete digital art within a day or give you a time estimate as to when I can complete your commission. If it’s going to take awhile to get to your commission, I will periodically send you an email with an update on my progress. Clients may also check the queue on Deviant Art which I keep updated.
Depending on the size and complexity of the piece, I will offer a certain number of revisions, or corrections. Basic sketches can have up to 3 revisions, single characters in color get two, large complex pieces may get as many as five, you get the idea. Once I have a drawing to a certain stage, I will e-mail you a thumbnail and discuss it from there. Revisions are during the drawing phase only. Once a piece is in the inking or coloring stage, it is much too difficult (and often impossible) to offer revisions, so you must be sure that you are satisfied with the thumbnail images I submit to you during the drawing phase of your commission.
Clients are responsible to make sure that the artist has their correct and current contact information.
Clients are frequently updated regarding commission progress and are expected to reply within 1-2 days to approve work, revisions or changes.
The artist reserves the right to interpret non-payment / non-communication for 30 days following completion or approval of work (whichever is later) as the customer’s resignation of any and all claims, rights, and/or interest in the work, at which point the artist retains full and exclusive ownership of the work. The work may then be auctioned, resold, modified, destroyed or otherwise disposed at the artist’s sole discretion.
No communication with the artist nullify this policy unless an alternate payment date is explicitly established by the artist.
Cancellation and Refunds
If for any reason during the commission process either party wishes to cancel the commission:
– Client will receive 50% of the full commission price. 50% of the commission price is non refundable for any reason once the commission is accepted.
– Once the commission has been completed and for some reason the client will not accept it, but the artist completed the work agreed upon, no refund will be issued.
– If the artist has completed the commission and the client still owes 50%, client is still expected to pay in full. If the client is unable to pay within 30 days of being notified of completed commission, artist retains full and exclusive ownership of the work. The work may then be auctioned, resold, modified, destroyed or otherwise disposed at the artist’s sole discretion.
Character Inquiry Details
Please include the following with the commission inquiry:
– Character’s name
– Color Palette (if color commission)
– Back-story (if any, useful for images with backgrounds)
– Reference images (if any)
Images with complex architecture or environment, or feature a character with intricate costume may push basic commissions into a complex one in terms of pricing.
My digital images are created using MyPaint, Photoshop, Manga Studio or a combination of all three. Please see examples of the differences among these applications below. If the client has a preference, he/she must express which program or style he/she prefers during the initial phase of the commission inquiry. More samples of my work can be found at Deviant Art. Commission prices listed below are based on the complexity. Prices vary depending on complexity.
- – Sketch (No Background)– Basic prices listed below, +50% of base price for every additional character, +$1 for complexity.
- – Chibi – $10
- – Bust – $15
- – Half body – $20
- – Full body – $25
- – Inking (Monotone/Duotone/No Background)– Basic prices listed below, +50% of base price for every additional character, +$3 for complexity.
- – Chibi – $17
- – Bust – $20
- – Half body -$25
- – Full body – $30
- – Full Color (No Background)– Basic prices listed below, +50% of base price for every additional character, +$5 for complexity.
- – Chibi – $30
- – Bust – $35
- – Half body -$40
- – Full body – $45
- – Full Color (With Background)– Basic prices listed below, +50% of base price for every additional character, +$10 for complexity.
- – Chibi – $50
- – Bust – $55
- – Half body -$80
- – Full body – $100
The price guide above is to help give an idea of how I price commissions. Feel free to contact me and inquire about other art types that fall outside of these categories.